Reimagining Public- Private Partnerships: Minimizing Systemic Risk and Transforming National Cybersecurity Resilience
Malicious cyber activity threatens both the public and private sectors. In today’s world of connected digital systems, one vulnerability can bring down an entire chain of government agencies, businesses, and critical infrastructure. As President Biden notes, it will take a “whole-of-the-nation” approach to address the danger.
MeriTalk and RSA Conference surveyed 100 Federal and 100 private sector cybersecurity decision-makers to explore the effectiveness of public-private partnerships today, uncover key perception gaps, and provide recommendations on strengthening collaboration and cyber resilience in the year ahead.
The study considers:
- How can the public and private sectors unite to protect the nation;
- Who is responsible for key elements of cyber defense;
- What tactics can we use to minimize systemic risk and supply chain ramifications;
- What impact are efforts like President Biden’s Executive Order on Improving the Nation’s Cybersecurity, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency’s (CISA) Joint Cyber Defense Collaborative, and the recent Strengthening American Cybersecurity Act of 2022 having on information sharing and incident response;
- Where are we making inroads, and where is more progress needed?