The conversation around biometrics can be a complex one, taking in face verification, fingerprint and iris scans, voice recognition, and various other alternatives. For people new to the space, it’s been a tricky field to navigate - until now.
Drawing on years of industry experience and expertise, Biometric Authentication for Dummies offers a definitive breakdown of the sector and how biometric technology can be used to replace passwords and other online security methods.
In a few short chapters, this guide provides a comprehensive overview of how government agencies and businesses can use biometrics to verify user identity online and protect against identity theft and fraud.
The guide covers:
- Why organisations should use biometrics for authentication;
- How to secure biometric systems;
- How to maximize the usability of biometrics;
- How to protect user privacy;
- 10 things to consider when choosing a biometric vendor.