RSA Collaborates with Mobile Technology PartnersRSA Collaborates with Mobile Technology Partners
Leading-edge mobile technology providers and developers are collaborating with RSA, The Security Division of EMC (NYSE: EMC) to build additional layers of security and access control into next-generation mobile solutions by integrating RSA mobile authentication technology into their products. RSA mobile authentication technology is designed to enable innovative mobile use cases that incorporate strong security without sacrificing usability.
The rapid adoption of smart phones and tablets among consumers and employees has ushered in a new set of security and data privacy challenges for organizations. For application access, these challenges are divided into two core categories: the first is remote access to a corporate network from a mobile device and the second is ensuring trusted access to an explosion of new applications purpose-built for mobile platforms. Security and access control is a paramount concern in each of these scenarios and is being uniquely addressed with innovative new implementations of RSA authentication technologies that leverage the special attributes of mobile platforms to help authenticate mobile devices and their users.
Working in collaboration with RSA, mobile technology providers are integrating RSA mobile authentication into virtual desktop, virtual application, and VPN solutions in order to secure access to traditional network environments. Additionally, a number of developers in mobile application management and device management tools are integrating RSA mobile authentication technology natively into mobile business applications. RSA mobile authentication solutions are designed to provide little to no impact on the mobile user experience while still maintaining strong authentication by using risk indicators powered by the RSA® Risk Engine. These indicators include factors such as device identification, geo-location, behavioral profiling, and real-time fraud data from the RSA eFraudNetwork community. RSA mobile authentication solutions also ensure strong step-up authentication to one-time-password or other methods is possible, but only applied when necessary.
RSA mobile authentication technology is at the core of a developing mobile security partner ecosystem, providing tools to be embedded into mobile applications to help protect both login and post-login user activities by measuring risk indicators to identify high-risk and suspicious activities. Popular use cases include protecting mobile access to online banking, e-commerce, virtual desktops, VPNs, and enterprise mobile applications. RSA mobile authentication SDKs have been designed to be embedded directly into partner products to offer easy developer access and implementation.
RSA is working with the following Secured by RSA Certified Mobile partners to provide native integration of RSA mobile authentication technology into enterprise applications and networks:
- Citrix has embedded RSA mobile authentication technologies into Citrix Receiver, an easy-to-install client software that, together with Citrix XenDesktop and Citrix XenApp, is designed to enable mobile users simplified access to their enterprise desktops, apps, and data from any smartphone, tablet or laptop. When connected to Citrix CloudGateway, the industry's first unified storefront solution, Citrix Receiver, with RSA mobile authentication, is designed to provide secure access to an intuitive app store-like interface for any Windows, Web or SaaS app from any mobile device.
- Juniper Networks and RSA have agreed to embed RSA mobile authentication technologies into the Juniper Networks Junos Pulse VPN solution for secure, mobile remote access to corporate resources; RSA and Juniper Networks have also agreed to collaborate further to allow Junos Pulse to authenticate native mobile application access. The combined Junos Pulse and RSA solution will present a unified access point for both VPN and mobile applications, designed to remove the burden for the end user or application to manage connectivity or authentication.
- VMware and RSA have enhanced the existing integration of RSA authentication technologies in the newest version of VMware View virtual desktop solutions for mobile devices.
The following mobile technology partners are working to integrate RSA mobile authentication technology into their application development platforms:
- Appcelerator and RSA have agreed to collaborate on integrating RSA mobile authentication technology into their Titanium mobile application platform. Titanium is designed for developers to easily integrate RSA mobile authentication technology into their mobile apps and also leverage it as part of Appcelerator's recently acquired mobile application cloud platform.
- FeedHenry and RSA have agreed to collaborate on exposing RSA mobile authentication technology from their mobile application Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solution. The FeedHenry platform exposes common mobile application components to software developers and is being designed to enable easy integration of the RSA mobile authentication technology into new mobile applications.
- Good Technology and RSA have agreed to work together on integrating RSA mobile authentication technology into the Good Dynamics developer framework, the Good for Enterprise and Good for Government suites of business applications. Good Dynamics allows enterprise mobile applications to be created, secured and managed leveraging the Good for Enterprise or Good for Government solutions.
- Zscaler and RSA have agreed to collaborate on an "identity-aware" solution where mobile device users are first authenticated at the ZScaler Secure Web Gateway using RSA mobile authentication technology. The combined solution will be designed to allow minimal changes to be made on the device while enforcing security policy at the network layer.
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of security, risk and compliance management solutions for business acceleration. RSA helps the world's leading organizations succeed by solving their most complex and sensitive security challenges. These challenges include managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, proving compliance, and securing virtual and cloud environments.
Combining business-critical controls in identity assurance, encryption & key management, SIEM, Data Loss Prevention and Fraud Protection with industry leading eGRC capabilities and robust consulting services, RSA brings visibility and trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they perform and the data that is generated. For more information, please visit www.EMC.com/RSA.