Information Security Media Group (ISMG), publisher of BankInfoSecurity, announces the launch of its 2014 Faces of Fraud survey. A follow-up to ISMG's 2012 and 2013 Faces of Fraud initiatives, this new research, sponsored by Easy Solutions, looks not only at the latest fraud trends, but also how banking institutions are impacted by and responding to the growing trend of retail POS breaches.
Target and Neiman Marcus are the big names that draw attention to a growing challenge for banking institutions: Who ultimately is responsible for mounting retail fraud losses - the merchant whose systems are breached, or the card brands and issuing institutions whose payment cards are compromised?
This web-based research study, created by ISMG with the counsel of top fraud experts, will cover:
- Targeted Attacks - How are institutions faring against spear-phishing and other socially-engineered attacks designed at compromising insiders and gaining access to critical systems and accounts?
- Rise of Mobile Malware - Mobile banking and payments are increasingly in the fraudsters' crosshairs. How are institutions mitigating their risks?
- Account Takeover - Which technology controls and awareness techniques are most effective at reducing the number of successful account takeovers? Which multifactor authentication techniques are most effective?
- Cross-Channel Fraud Trends - Increasingly, fraudsters hit institutions across multiple channels simultaneously. How are these attacks being detected and stopped?
- Anti-Fraud Investments - In the wake of targeted attacks and heightened risk of costly third-party breaches, what are the tools and services that banking institutions are investing in to improve their abilities to detect and prevent the predominant forms of fraud? And how are they measuring return on investment?
The 2014 study will also benchmark the most common fraud schemes, including payment cards, checks and phishing; the ongoing impact of account takeover resulting from ACH/wire fraud; the detection and prevention of insider crimes; and whether institutions see significant fraud reductions resulting from new investments in employee and customer education.
Please visit https://www.bankinfosecurity.com/surveys/2014-faces-fraud-impact-retail-breaches-s-25 to view survey details. Survey results will be presented in a variety of ways across BankInfoSecurity, including an executive summary, annotated report, audio interviews and a webinar presentation on the results, including a roundtable discussion among thought-leaders on the 2014 fraud agenda.
Results of the 2014 Faces of Fraud Survey also will be shared at major industry events in the months ahead, including ISMG's own international Fraud Summit series.
About the Sponsor:
Easy Solutions delivers Total Fraud Protection® to more than 200 clients, with over 50 million end users. The company's products protect against phishing, pharming, malware, Man-in-the-Middle and Man-in-the-Browser attacks, and deliver multifactor authentication and transaction anomaly detection. For more information, visit http://www.easysol.net, or follow us on Twitter @goeasysol.
Information Security Media Group publishes BankInfoSecurity, CUInfoSecurity, GovInfoSecurity, HealthcareInfoSecurity, InfoRiskToday, DataBreachToday and CareersInfoSecurity. These digital media sites offer news, views, research and education on the top industry, security, regulatory and technology challenges facing information security leaders worldwide. Each site is guided by an advisory board of renowned thought-leaders from business, government and education.
ISMG's suite of educational webinars offers hands-on training by knowledgeable practitioners and is available to individual and corporate subscribers.
ISMG's custom research, including the Healthcare Information Security Today, Faces of Fraud and Cloud Computing Security surveys, is routinely featured at leading industry events, such as RSA Conference and BAI Payments Connect.