BankInfoSecurity.comâ€™s Download on Demand: Free Webinar on Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Lessons Learned and Industry Best PracticesBankInfoSecurity.comâ€™s Download on Demand: Free Webinar on Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Lessons Learned and Industry Best Practices Financial institutions can listen to a free webinar on Disaster Recover and Business Continuity best practices.
Princeton, NJ, (BankInfoSecurity.com) August 30, 2007 -- In this free webinar on BankInfoSecurity.com financial institutions may listen to a review of past disasters and how they affected financial institutions; hear a discussion on the workings of an effective business continuity plan; and review lessons learned and how to be best prepared for future disasters when they occur.
The member agencies of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and the Conference of State Bank Supervisors have issued a booklet entitled: LESSONS LEARNED FROM HURRICANE KATRINA: Preparing Your Institution for a Catastrophic Event. The booklet relays financial institutions' experiences and lessons learned in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina that other institutions may find helpful in considering their readiness for a catastrophic event.
Major hardships faced by these institutions included the following:
- Communications outages made it difficult to locate missing personnel.
- Access to and reliable transportation into restricted areas were not always available.
- Lack of electrical power or fuel for generators rendered computer systems inoperable.
- Multiple facilities were destroyed or sustained significant damage.
- Some branches and ATMs were under water for weeks.
- Mail service was interrupted for months in some areas.
Be ready when your institution faces a disaster. This webinar will explain the effects of a disaster and how, by examining what has transpired in the past, financial institutions can develop and maintain a more sound disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
View the webinar by going to: https://www.bankinfosecurity.com/onDemand.php?webinarID=42