BankInfoSecurity Announces Inaugural List of InfluencersBankInfoSecurity Announces Inaugural List of Influencers
BankInfoSecurity announces the publication of its Top 10 Influencers in Financial Information Security for 2013.
Published by Information Security Media Group (ISMG), BankInfoSecurity's interactive slideshow acknowledges individuals and organizations that play critical roles in shaping the way financial services organizations approach information security and privacy. Their influence ranges from shaping or reshaping regulations to providing needed benchmarks for response to emerging threats. BankInfoSecurity's team of editors made the selections based on interviews and news coverage throughout 2012.
The Top 10 Influencers in Financial InfoSec for 2013 include:
- Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Cyber Fighters
- Jeff Kopchik, Senior Policy Analyst, Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.
- Benjamin Lawsky, Superintendent, New York Department of Financial Services
- Mark Patterson, Co-Owner, PATCO Construction
- Bill Nelson, President and CEO, Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center
- Bill Demchak, President, PNC Bank
- Bob Russo, General Manager, Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council
- Security Vendors RSA, Guardian Analytics, McAfee, Check Point, Versafe, Kaspersky Lab, and Akamai Technologies
- Keith Gordon, Head of Authentication and Security Strategies, Bank of America
- Doug Johnson, Vice President and Senior Adviser of Risk Management Policy, American Bankers Association
"Many financial services information security Influencers emerged in 2012, and not all for positive reasons," writes BankInfoSecurity Managing Editor Tracy Kitten. "Cyberthreats and attacks reflected new levels of sophistication, and it's likely the industry can expect to see more of the same in 2013."
To view the slideshow and read our analysis on the selections, please visit https://www.bankinfosecurity.com/top-10-influencers-in-financial-infosec-a-5387.
Information Security Media Group publishes BankInfoSecurity, CUInfoSecurity, GovInfoSecurity, HealthcareInfoSecurity, InfoRiskToday, DataBreachToday and CareersInfoSecurity. These digital media sites offer news, views, research and education on the top industry, security, regulatory and technology challenges facing information security leaders worldwide. Each site is guided by an advisory board of renowned thought-leaders from business, government and education.
ISMG's suite of educational webinars offers hands-on training by knowledgeable practitioners and is available to individual and corporate subscribers.
ISMG's custom research, including the Healthcare Information Security Today, Faces of Fraud and Cloud Computing Security surveys, is routinely featured at leading industry events, such as RSA Conference and BAI Payments Connect.