Simplifying Cybersecurity ComplexityHear the Voices of Top IT Security Experts
Finding a common theme from the Black Hat USA conference isn't easy. After all, cybersecurity is complex and involves a wide range of technologies and business processes, which were reflected in the various sessions at the security event.
Still, a few themes - simplifying complexity and developing security solutions as a community - emerged from the sessions attended and interviews conducted with some of the industry's top cybersecurity minds. They include:
- Markus Jakobsson of Qualcomm, on the development of a wrist band to authenticate individuals;
- Bruce Schneier of CO3 Systems, on managing data breach incident response;
- Tony Sager of the Council on Cybersecurity, on organizations collaborating on developing cybersecurity solutions;
- Jason Healey of the Atlantic Council, on getting shareholders to pressure boards to adopt cybersecurity measures; and
- Mikko Hypponen of F-Secure, on U.S. government contractors hiring experts who can write malware and exploitation code.
Please take a few moments (about 5Â½ minutes) to Listen Now to these experts address how they're reducing complexity and/or collaborating to tackle big IT security and risk challenges.
Here's a sampling of some of our other Black Hat USA coverage:
- The Sadness of the Wise IT Security Pro;
- Incident Response: Beyond the Beach;
- Does U.S. Truly Want Cyber Peace?;
- Cybersecurity: Why It's Got to Be a Team Sport;
- Putting CyberVor in Perspective;
- A Holistic Approach to Security; and
- The Password is 'Dead'
Additional Summit Insight:
Hear from more industry influencers, earn CPE credits, and network with leaders of technology at our global events. Learn more at our Fraud & Breach Prevention Events site.