As breach after breach hits every industry from government agencies to health insurance, from providers to retailers, security and risk professionals are desperate to better protect customer data and intellectual property from cybercriminals. This brief describes the five most significant ways cybersecurity- specifically prevention detection and response- will change in 2016, and what you should do about each one.
Download the "Forrester Predictions 2016: Cybersecurity Swings to Prevention" report to learn why prevention is back on the agenda, to deal with new and ongoing threats:
- Security and risk professionals will increase spending on prevention by 5% to 10%
- We'll see ransomware for a medical device or wearable
- The U.S. government will experience another significant breach
- Defense contractors will fail to woo private industry with "military grade" security
- HR will offer identity and credit protection as an employee benefit