Payment Card Fraud & the Future of Secure Payment
Fraud Summit - Chicago 2014 - Payment Card fraud remains a top challenge for financial institutions. The latest wrinkle: Breached retailers such as Target and Neiman Marcus, whose compromises led to wholesale card fraud. Register for this session and learn:
See Also: IoT is Happening Now: Are You Prepared?
- The American Bankers Association's view of how institutions are fighting back with new solutions and strategies;
- An attorney's perspective on legal pitfalls for financial institutions;
- The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago's vision of the future of the U.S. payments system.
Additional Summit Insight:
Hear from more industry influencers, earn CPE credits, and network with leaders of technology at our global events. Learn more at our Fraud & Breach Prevention Events site.
ISMG just completed its annual Faces of Fraud survey, and retail breaches such as Target and Sally Beauty dominated the responses. Some key findings:
- 70% of respondents say they or their customers were impacted by the Target breach.
- Direct impacts include:
- 60% reissued payment cards
- 50% lost time/resources to response
- 43% saw fraud incidents result from these breaches
- 48% believe the breached merchants ultimately should be held responsible for the compromises.
The message couldn't be clearer: Banking/security leaders feel abused and frustrated by recent retail breaches - and they want to see changes in how merchants conduct and process secure payments.
In this exclusive session, recorded at the 2014 Chicago Fraud Summit, hear about:
- Retail Breaches: The Banks' View - by Doug Johnson of the ABA
- Breach Litigation Update - from attorney Ronald Raether
- New Strategic Direction - presented by Kirstin Wells of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
The session concludes with a "Future of Payments Security" panel discussion moderated by Tracy Kitten, Executive Editor of BankInfoSecurity.
ISMG's Fraud Summits are one-day events focused exclusively on the top fraud trends impacting organizations and the mitigation strategies to overcome those challenges.
All 2014 Fraud Summit Chicago recordings:
You might also be interested in …