The Great Application Security Debate: Static vs. Dynamic vs. Manual Penetration Testing
After attending this webinar you will:
- Understand why application security testing is a critical component of any enterprise security program
- Understand the differences between Static Testing, Dynamic Testing and Manual Penetration Testing
- Be able to determine which testing approach is best suited to your organization
Software applications are an integral part of 21st century business processes. The majority of software is still installed in-house, either as specially developed custom applications or commercially acquired packages. However, the proportion of software procured as a service is on the rise, as is the use of mobile apps and open source components. In addition, more and more in-house applications are being web-enabled and exposed to the outside world.
Regardless of its origin, the vast majority of software will contain flaws which can constitute a security risk, especially for those applications that are web-enabled. The cost of fixing a flaw increases the later that they are found in the development, acquisition and deployment life-cycle. There are a number of measures that can be taken to mitigate the problem and reduce the overall cost of managing software whilst ensuring better security. Increasingly, businesses are recognizing the benefits of outsourcing at least some of the effort through the use of on-demand software testing services.
This webinar explores how businesses are deploying software and what measures are in place for checking the security of applications. This webinar will present new research conducted amongst US and UK enterprises from a range of industries and assesses the scale of the software security problem, the ways in which it can be mitigated, the extent to which this is being achieved, the costs involved and how these can be minimized.
- 2011 was the Year of the Breach. Some of the world's best companies and brands were attacked making securing your enterprise applications a key information security imperative.
- As applications become more mission critical to the enterprise, so too does the need to secure them.
- Learn how enterprises can leverage the various application testing approaches in their application security programs.
Premium Members Only
all Fraud Summit course recordings,
& 300+ other courses OnDemand.