Fraud Outlook: Evolving Threats and Legal Minefields
Fraud Summit - Chicago 2014 - You know today's hottest fraud threats. But what are the emerging schemes that should concern you? Which anti-fraud technologies should you be testing? Where are the potential legal traps to avoid? In this session from ISMG's Chicago Fraud Summit, Gartner's Avivah Litan and attorney Ronald Raether offer a sneak peek into:
- Evolving fraud threats that are poised to strike organizations in the coming months;
- Latest trends in fraud prevention;
- How to review legal questions arising from recent cases such as the Target breach.
Additional Summit Insight:
Hear from more industry influencers, earn CPE credits, and network with leaders of technology at our global events. Learn more at our Fraud & Breach Prevention Events site.
Gartner's Avivah Litan is one of the foremost experts on emerging fraud trends and technologies. Among the lessons learned she shares from Target and other high-profile data breaches:
- Targeted attacks are increasingly successful through social engineering of employees and customers;
- Criminals are assembling troves of identities with financial records attached;
- They also are eluding fraud detection logic.
At the same time, she notes emerging solutions such as: organizations integrating identity proofing with account takeover detection, as well as continual surveillance and behavioral analysis.
In this recording of the closing session of Chicago Fraud Summit 2014, Litan discusses these trends, as well as the evolution of big data analytics and how to improve mobile commerce security.
She is followed by renowned breach response expert and attorney Raether, who gets to the heart of the recent retail breaches, noting who is being sued and why, and what conclusions we can draw from these cases as we make decisions about fighting fraud.
ISMG's Fraud Summits are one-day events focused exclusively on the top fraud trends impacting organizations and the mitigation strategies to overcome those challenges.
All 2014 Fraud Summit Chicago recordings:
You might also be interested in …