Creating a Culture of Responsible Application Security
Software applications are the lifeblood of every organization, and today's #1 IT security threat is vulnerabilities in these applications. Complexity, interconnection and criticality of source code have resulted in a dangerous proliferation of vulnerabilities and risks.
Register for this session to learn:
- How to arm developers with the right security controls, so that they can create secure applications from the outset;
- The concept of 'responsible application security,' which means coding correctly from the start;
- How, through proper training and education, developers will be able to get their applications into production more quickly and securely.
See Also: How to Scale Your Vendor Risk Management Program
The applications we entrust with our healthcare, financials and national defense are just as vulnerable as other code. The problem is that while our threat environment has changed dramatically over the last 20 years, the way in which we write code has not.
Security doesn't have to weigh down software development. A responsible application security program provides services that make software development more agile and efficient.
In this session, we'll share success stories from large organizations that have standardized their application security controls, raised the awareness of their personnel, and transitioned away from punitive penetration testing programs to a positive verification approach.
Register for this webinar to learn:
- How to foster and create a culture of Responsible Application Security
- The top three security mistakes in creating custom applications
- Financial models that make the case for ROI in application security
- Real-world successes of a global shipping company, a large mutual fund and a branch of the U.S. military
You might also be interested in …