Next-Generation Technologies & Secure Development
Security Risks of Unified Communications: Social Media & Web 2.0
Today more than ever, smart institutions are looking for new ways to stand above the competition. And there's no better way to achieve that edge than by empowering employees with the tools they need to collaborate and communicate more effectively. Of course, the rise of social media websites and innovative communications technologies represent a great opportunity for any business. But with that opportunity, comes security risks and compliance challenges for IT.
This informative webinar for business and information security professionals explores it all - from the security risks of employees traversing social media websites to building a highly available network and enforcing security policy. Tune in for these key discussions:
- Osterman Research offers insight into the rise in social media and its impact - good and bad - on the financial community;
- Microsoft explains what it takes to integrate Outlook, instant messaging, conferencing, and other technologies for more effective communication; and
- FaceTime presents an effective approach to monitoring employees as they use social media websites.
It's a must-see event that walks you through a holistic strategy for security and compliance, so you can fully harness the power of these new and exciting communications mediums - without putting your institution at risk.
Today's Internet is dominated by connectivity and collaboration. Financial services firms are faced with the challenge of managing and securing the converging worlds of enterprise communications and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Office Communications Server on the one hand, with publicly available social networks, instant messaging clients and Web 2.0 applications on the other.
- Hear about the growing risk of non-compliance; how regulations that govern rules for Unified Communications and instant messaging are interpreting use of social networking and Web 2.0
- Find out about the productivity, cost savings and competitive advantage to be gained from Microsoft Office Communications Server
- Learn to reduce your risk and meet the management, security and compliance requirements of UC and Web 2.0 while ensuring an efficient, scalable architecture
As the communications landscape becomes more complex, so does managing the risk. Real-time communications and Web 2.0 tools are designed to bypass traditional security solutions introducing new compliance and policy challenges. For instance, financial services organizations already using IM now also use Twitter and other channels to communicate with customers; yet regulatory bodies such as FINRA require that these communications be subject to standard sales and marketing message approvals, monitored and archived.
Join Osterman Research, Microsoft and FaceTime for guidance on reaping the productivity and cost savings benefits of UC tools such as Microsoft Office Communications Server while ensuring an efficient and scalable architecture that addresses security and compliance for IM and other modalities, as well as the growing use of social networking and Web 2.0 technologies.
Learn about the converging worlds of enterprise platforms and Web 2.0 - how to control risk and meet increasing regulatory compliance requirements while enabling employees with the tools they need to maintain the very collaboration that makes your business competitive.
Premium Members Only
OnDemand access to this webinar is restricted to Premium Members.
Join Now to Access
Have an account? Sign in.
You might also be interested in …