Rapid7 and Modulo announced they are working together to deliver a holistic view of threat and vulnerability risk, correlated with broader regulatory, policy and compliance risk analysis. The integrated solution enables organizations to identify and manage business impacts as part of a risk management program. As part of the alliance, the companies also announced that penetration testing risk data will be integrated in Q3 2012.
"By bringing together two world-class risk and compliance solutions, we are providing our customers around the world with the contextual business intelligence they need to understand and effectively manage their security risk posture," said Sheldon Malm, head of strategic partners and alliances, Rapid7. "The combination of Nexpose and Risk Manager delivers a tightly integrated solution that is actionable, intuitive, and truly simplifies the customer experience."
Today's organizations require top-down visibility of risk to their assets and business operations. Yet there is no unified way of reporting all IT risks across the vast and layered landscape of security and risk tools, or rating scale for ranking problems. Modulo and Rapid7 have addressed this challenge with a seamlessly integrated business process workflow between Rapid7 Nexpose and Modulo Risk Manager, enabling customers to organize and prioritize thousands of assets and quickly focus on the items that pose the greatest risk to their business.
Benefits of the joint Rapid7 and Modulo offering include:
- Common Repository to Manage all GRC Processes: Perform optimized gap analyses, produce business-related enterprise risk profiles and customized scoring, and prioritize investments according to each asset's potential impact and importance to the organization
- Continuous Discovery of Virtualized Assets: Native integration with VMware vCenter that enables Nexpose to deliver accurate visibility of all virtual assets and their threat exposure
- Rapid7 Real Risk: Clear insight into the real risk of each unique environment by incorporating information on Exploit Exposure, Malware Exposure, temporal and weighted risk scores as well as CVSS rankings
- Eliminate Redundant Costs and Controls: Modulo Risk Manager is delivered out-of-the-box with one of the industry's most extensive knowledge bases of content cross-mapped with the latest sources of risk, mitigation and multi-regulatory compliance including Sox, PCI, HIPAA, GLBA, FISMA, BASEL II, ISO 27001, BS-25999, COBIT, Shared Assessments and more.
- Unrivaled Breadth of Vulnerability Scanning: Scans for over 22,000 vulnerabilities with more than 75,000 vulnerability checks in networks, operating systems, web applications and databases across a wide range of platforms
"Hundreds of organizations worldwide choose Modulo Risk Manager due to our comprehensive out-of-the box capabilities. By automating GRC processes and reporting, we help them improve their accuracy and achieve dramatic cost savings. Our joint solution with Rapid7 gives customers a unified framework and dashboard that amplifies this value proposition and reduces overall business risk," said Terence Lee, managing director, North America at Modulo.
The joint solution feeds detailed asset identification and scanning results from across the entire IT environment - including web, network, applications and databases - into a broader IT risk analysis process. Customers can identify how vulnerabilities present risk to specific business operations, processes, and strategic or tactical activities. They can then manage those exposures through remediation workflow.
The validity of these risk scenarios will be further enhanced by executing an advanced penetration test to validate reported exposures and help prioritize remediation steps. Modulo will integrate Metasploit® Professional with Modulo Risk Manager in Q3 2012.
Rapid7 is the leading provider of security risk intelligence solutions. Rapid7's integrated vulnerability management and penetration testing products, Nexpose and Metasploit, empower organizations to obtain accurate, actionable and contextual intelligence into their threat and risk posture. Rapid7's solutions are being used by more than 2,000 enterprises and government agencies in more than 65 countries worldwide, while the Company's free products are downloaded more than one million times per year and enhanced further by over 125,000 security community users and contributors. Rapid7 has been recognized as one of the fastest growing security companies by Inc. Magazine and as a "Top Place to Work" by the Boston Globe. The Company is backed by Bain Capital Ventures and Technology Crossover Ventures. For more information about Rapid7, please visit http://www.rapid7.com.
Modulo Security, LLC is a leading global enterprise provider of comprehensive Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) management solutions. Modulo's award-winning Risk Manager provides hundreds of organizations worldwide with the tools they need to automate the entire GRC management process to monitor, manage and sustain adherence to policy and regulations while reducing enterprise risk and complexity. Customers span the financial, health care, retail, telecom, power & gas and government sectors and include BASF, BC Hydro, Commercial Bank of Dubai, Microsoft, New York University Medical Center, Synovus Financial, and Schlumberger. Modulo Risk Manager has earned "Best Buy" and "5-Star" ratings in SC Magazine's 2011 Risk Management group product review and is the winner of the 2011 & 2010 Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Award, 2010 Network Products Guide Product Innovation Award and 2011 & 2010 SC Magazine Excellence Award Finalist. Visit www.modulo.com and follow Modulo on Twitter @moduloitgrc for more information.