Industry News: FireEye Acquires nPulseRoundup of News from Security Solutions Providers
FireEye, Inc. has announced plans to acquire nPulse Technologies. The combination of the nPulse network forensics solution with the FireEye Security Platform will deliver an enterprise forensics solution for visibility into the entire attack life cycle, from network intrusion to endpoint exploitation and lateral movement, FireEye says.
See Also: Ransomware: The Look at Future Trends
As a result of the acquisition:
- FireEye will offer an enterprise forensics solution with a unified view of network to endpoint forensics;
- The enterprise forensics solution, coupled with the FireEye threat analytics solution, will form a comprehensive intelligence platform;
- The FireEye network threat prevention platform, combined with newly introduced IPS capabilities and the addition of nPulse's forensics, will offer a comprehensive threat management platform;
- The enterprise forensics solution, together with FireEye Managed Defense, will enable advanced managed service capabilities.
For more information, visit FireEye.
CA Technologies Joins FIDO Alliance
CA Technologies has joined the FIDO Alliance, an industry consortium delivering standards for simpler, stronger authentication during online transactions.
The company will contribute its expertise in multi-factor and risk-based authentication, and identity and access management, to the group's work to create industry-accepted, open specifications to enhance the authentication process.
For more information, visit CA Technologies.
Splunk Releases Operational Intelligence Software
Splunk Inc. announces the general availability of Splunk Enterprise 6.1, available as software or as a cloud service. Splunk Enterprise 6.1 delivers enhanced interactive analytics, continuous availability of mission-critical machine data and can extend operational intelligence to all users in an organization, the company says.
Key features and updates include:
- Enabling mission-critical enterprise functions;
- Embedding operational intelligence; and
- Delivering enhanced interactive analytics.
For more information, visit Splunk.
Invincea Partners with ForeScout
Invincea Inc. will integrate its platform with the ForeScout CounterACT platform to enable continuous monitoring and prevention of advanced cyber-attacks within enterprise networks.
The Invincea Platform, which includes the FreeSpace user protection software suite and the Invincea Management Service, a cloud-hosted management and threat intelligence service, currently protects more than 15,000 organizations around the globe. By integrating ForeScout CounterACT, a real-time security platform that delivers visibility and automated control, with the Invincea platform, enterprises can enforce safe online usage for both enterprise and BYOD assets, Invincea says.
As part of ForeScout's ControlFabric Technology Partner Program, Invincea's platform will be integrated with ForeScout CounterACT to enable customers to efficiently scope, validate and maintain FreeSpace deployment in the enterprise. Invincea will also provide ForeScout with broader threat details to provide closed-loop, automated policy-based mitigation.
For more information, visit Invincea.