Are you heading to RSA Conference 2015 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, running from April 20 to 24?
See Also: 2016 Social Engineering Report
If so, be sure to connect with Information Security Media Group. As a Diamond Media Sponsor of the annual event, we'll be out in force in a number of ways - beyond just covering the event and filing our usual series of stories, blogs and interviews. Among ISMG's activities:
- Visit the ISMG Booth (open during Expo Hours, North Hall Booth #4042): Be sure to stop by our booth in RSA Conference Expo, which is located in the Moscone Center North. The Expo opens on Monday, April 20 at 5 p.m. with a welcome reception. Throughout the week we will be running live presentations and interviews with some of today's top information security thinkers. Please stop by, see what's happening, shake hands with our executive team and meet our editors.
- Step Inside Our Studio (open during Expo Hours, North Hall Booth #4042): Last year, we began recording video interviews in our studio on the show floor at the RSA Conference. This year, the interviews will be live and streaming via the Web. Come see our executive editors interview the top leaders and influencers in information security, risk management and privacy.
- PR Meet and Greet (Monday, April 20 at 4 p.m.): Paging all media relations and PR professionals: Join us in our media suite, located on the Eastern Mezzanine level, room 236, to interact with our editorial team, discuss top trends and learn the best ways to connect with us when it comes to pitching hot story topics and interviewees.
- Board of Advisers: Luncheon (Tuesday, April 21 at 12 p.m.): This invitation-only luncheon in our media suite is for ISMG's key advisers, subject matter experts and anyone else who's part of our informal "speaker's bureau."
- 2015 Financial Services Cybersecurity Agenda: An Inside Out Look at a New Risk Mitigation Approach (Tuesday, April 21 at 4:30 p.m.): Join us in our media suite (Eastern Mezzanine room 236) for an exclusive briefing and networking reception for information security leaders. Attendees will gain new insight from a panel of industry leaders about the new threat landscape and how it is forcing organizations to re-envision their entire cybersecurity posture. Featured speakers: Jim Anderson, president, the Americas, BAE Systems Applied Intelligence; and Araldo Menegon, global managing director, financial services, Fortinet.
- Executive Dinner: The Future of Fraud - Emerging Threats and Solutions (Tuesday, April 21 at 6:30 p.m.): An invitation-only dinner for senior security leaders to exchange off-the-record insights.
- The Viewing Point Session: Breach 360 - How Top Attacks Impact Tomorrow's Laws, Litigation, Security (Wednesday, April 22 at 10:20 a.m. in The Viewing Point at Gateway): We all know how the Target, Sony and Anthem breaches were seismic, but have you truly considered how the aftershocks of these breaches will forever change the security profession? ISMG Vice President Tom Field and I will host this lively discussion - and wait until you see our surprise panelists.
- Convenience and Security: Finding the Balance (Wednsday, April 22 at 4:30 p.m.): Join us in our media suite (Eastern Mezzanine room 236) for an exclusive briefing and networking reception for information security leaders. Attendees will gain new insight into the latest security threats to banking institutions and their customers, as well as how leading institutions are deploying new controls that account for the customer's convenience. Featured speakers: Benjamin Wyrick, vice president of sales and business operations, and Frederik Mennes, security competence center, VASCO Data Security; plus David Pollino, senior vice president, enterprise fraud prevention officer, Bank of the West.
- Meet the ISMG Editors (Thursday, April 23, 12-1 p.m. at North Hall Booth #4042): You've read our stories and seen our interviews; now come meet us in person. I'll be on hand to greet guests, joined by my colleagues Tom Field, Eric Chabrow, Tracy Kitten and other ISMG senior executives. Come by and hear all about our growth plans for 2015.
It's going to be a busy week. I hope to see you at this year's RSA conference. Please be sure to say hello - either at our booth, or at one of our sessions.